Monday, January 27, 2014

1MM #9 -- About this site

After mentioning the "About this site" feature last week, I thought I'd just go ahead and make a 1MM video demonstrating its use.  

Here you go:  1 minute of demo.  The best way to watch this is to expand to full-screen.  It's a much nicer video experience. 





As I mentioned, the "About this site" information is pulled from the Knowledge Graph.  As you'll see, most of the citations are to Wikipedia, but this will change over time as more knowledge sources are being used to drive the creation of information in the KG.  

Search on! 



2 comments:

  1. Really like this feature and think it will be helpful for website evaluation. But we (Anne and myself) still are missing the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie -- can you say more about the missing chevrons? (Need to be specific, as I'm not sure which ones you're missing. There are so many chevrons floating around that I can't be sure which you mean!)

      Delete