Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Search Challenge (Nov 3, 2010): Textbooks over time

A friend contacted me with the following question:  


"I'm doing a research project on the uptake of key scientific ideas into popular understanding. (e.g., the carbon cycle, DNA, plate tectonics, personal computers, internet search, evolution, the hole in the ozone, global warming)  My current approach is to identify when these key ideas first appear in high school science textbooks.

I'm looking for an archive collection of US science textbooks over the years.  Do you happen to know of any I could use?  (It would be really, truly great if they were online too!)" 



My friend lives in Menlo Park, CA.  


What would you tell my friend?  


How would you search for such a thing?  




Searching.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment